
Your hair is NOT your identity. It doesn't make you the beautiful spirit you are. Your hair is NOT you. With that being said, let's talk about that mane of yours and how it has this insane ability to make or break your day....
It occurred to me a few months ago, when i considered calling off work because my scalp had a bad reaction to some hairspray, (causing flakes the size of Texas!!!) that I was in some serious trouble. My roommate, who happens to also be my hairdresser, got to see the ugly side of Sarah and the tornado of emotions and brushes that ensued.
"This is DISGUSTING!!! Look at me! LOOK AT ME!!!!!! What am I supposed to do?? I hate my life!!! Help me!!! Fix it!!!!"
Yeah, it was a low point in my life. Here I am, a 27 year old female who has a herniated disc, unmarried, financial struggles, constantly struggling with my weight and what causes my life to come to a screeching halt?? My locks. My name is Sarah, and I'm obsessed with my hair.
The first few steps to freedom:
- Admit you have a problem
- Shave your head
- Just kidding about Step #2
- Laugh at yourself
I will be devoting some posts on here to your hair. I live with a hair magician and I've had TONS of personal experience with my curls, so its my divine duty to share what I know. Feel free to share your own hair horror stories, tips you've picked up on the way, or questions you have. (even if I don't have the answer, I've got some good references and I WILL find the answer!) :)
So go forth! Enjoy the rest of your day! If you're not liking what your seeing on your head, wrap it up in a scarf or cover it with a fun hat. DON'T obsess over it and let it ruin your mood.
Smiles!!
Love the blog! Love the Pic! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI am obsessed with my hair. Step 1... accomplished. Part of my head is shaved (or at least really, really short). Step 2... accomplished, even though it wasn't necessary. So that leaves Step 4, leaving out Step 3 as I was previously committed to Step 2... sorry Step 3.
ReplyDeleteI have had long locks, short locks, colored locks, natural locks, bad cut locks, beautifully cut locks, and no key. I have natural curls (not as spirally as those of Sarah), I have thick hair, I have frizz, and I have bulk. All good things, unless the hair in question is on your chin. :-)
I have been on the search to learn how to tame the mane, only to find that some hair is better left to its own devices. There are those rare days when my hair and I are of the same mind and we comply with each other. Most days are not those days.
I would love to know; How do I combat the fly away frizz (Florida is nice, but the humidity takes a toll on the tresses)? When my hair is of its own mind, what are cute things to do with a short do (to a least keep it out of my eyes)? What products are dos for dos that help protect the pocket? What's bad for my hair and scalp? How do I keep my head of hair hydrated? Some parts of my hair don't curl anymore... why and how do I deal with that? And... what's the deal with methylparaben? Better safe than sorry or is it okay?
Those are the ones on the top of my list. A lot of questions for you, but I hope it gives you some ideas of what to tackle. Also... I love alliterations, so pardon my excessive use of them.
Now to leave you with an anecdote. I would often cut my own bangs, and most of the time they would be too short, often leading to embarrassment and members of my family laughing at me... ::cough:: Celia and Autumn ::cough:: :-) I will advise to leave the cutting to the professionals and never let your 12 year old hack her hair, because the results may be disastrous, but funny later.
Thanks, Sarah! This is AWESOME! :-)
Love the blog! :) You know about most of my hair fiascoes... (remember the mullet, then the cheeto hair?!) Thanks for helping a girl out when I needed it! Love ya!
ReplyDelete